Free Cities: Origins (FCO) is an HTML game developed using SugarCube 2 based on the famous Free Cities HTML game by FCAuthor. While FreeCities was a management-centric game, we wanted to give an RPG spin on it. In FCO you are thrown into the world years after the fall of modern civilization. The Gregorian calendar while still in use, has reset its year sometime in the past. You start as an unfortunate soul who is enslaved by slave owner Shintani Hiroyuki, who, unbeknownst to him, is obsessed with his Japanese heritage and seeks to rebuild the civilizations from the myths of old.
The game takes the player on a journey from slavehood to eventually the main character in a power struggle between settlements and the last centralized power, the Trade Union. From here, the player can align themselves with a particular faction, affecting the entire game world. The world itself is dynamic and constantly changing, many of these changes are completely unknown to the player until they receive higher status and thus intel. The world also features a dynamic economy that operates on Supply-and-Demand and simulated Brownian motion.
The final phase of the game (in development) is to build a settlement from the ground up which will be the first Free City. We plan to have complex diplomatic and economic actions against other settlements, and of course, complex actions with player vassals and subjects.
Developer: Mimus Studios – Website | Subscribestar | Discord
OS: Windows, Mac, Linux / Browser (Offline)
Genre: HTML, 2DCG, 3DCG, Anal Sex, Character creation, Corruption, Cum Fetish, Dystopian setting, Female Protagonist, Footjob, Humiliation, Male Domination, Male Protagonist, Management, Oral Sex, Rape, RPG, Sandbox, Slave, Sleep Sex, Strategy, Text-based, Trainer, Vaginal Sex
Extract and run
– Added management menu and construction (just barebones engine for now)
– Added ability to build library in Lia’s Tower (only level 1)
– Added ability to study and read in home Library just like Shintani’s
– Added reputation gain and some hidden manipulation mechanics
– Lots of changes engine side to allow for random events
– Lots of background changes to prepare for sex engine V2
– Updated the Mimus Update Tool to support latest version
– New password (goodluck)
– Fixed bartender repeatedly giving you “Animal Farm” in “Something Lost”
– Fixed issue with milk-added and milk-based diets when female (now requires pregnancy)
– Lots of fixes regarding Phase 2
– Fixed some issues with Nina’s fight
– Fixed issue where convincing Nina to blow them caused an error