Free Cities: Origins (FCO) is an HTML game developed using SugarCube 2 based on the famous Free Cities HTML game by FCAuthor. While FreeCities was a management-centric game, we wanted to give an RPG spin on it. In FCO you are thrown into the world years after the fall of modern civilization. The Gregorian calendar while still in use, has reset its year sometime in the past. You start as an unfortunate soul who is enslaved by slave owner Shintani Hiroyuki, who, unbeknownst to him, is obsessed with his Japanese heritage and seeks to rebuild the civilizations from the myths of old.
The game takes the player on a journey from slavehood to eventually the main character in a power struggle between settlements and the last centralized power, the Trade Union. From here, the player can align themselves with a particular faction, affecting the entire game world. The world itself is dynamic and constantly changing, many of these changes are completely unknown to the player until they receive higher status and thus intel. The world also features a dynamic economy that operates on Supply-and-Demand and simulated Brownian motion.
The final phase of the game (in development) is to build a settlement from the ground up which will be the first Free City. We plan to have complex diplomatic and economic actions against other settlements, and of course, complex actions with player vassals and subjects.
Developer: Mimus Studios – Website | Subscribestar | Discord
OS: Windows, Mac, Linux / Browser (Offline)
Genre: HTML, 2DCG, 3DCG, Anal Sex, Character creation, Corruption, Cum Fetish, Dystopian setting, Female Protagonist, Footjob, Humiliation, Male Domination, Male Protagonist, Management, Oral Sex, Rape, RPG, Sandbox, Slave, Sleep Sex, Strategy, Text-based, Trainer, Vaginal Sex
Extract and run
– Finished “Duty of a Slave”
– Finished “Path to Freedom”
– Added the ability to skip to phase 2 in the intro
– Added night maps for Nipon
– Added theater to watch shows with or without slaves in party
– Added autosave frequency in the settings menu
– Added ability for Mei or Jae to join you if you side with Lia (if they are devoted or submissive to you)
– Added ability to forward time weeks at a time (after freedom)
– Added medic bay in barracks for recovering health of slaves
– Now able to view commodity changes in “World changes” when you sleep (if you have the proper titles).
– Lots of changes to world due to finishing of phase 1
– Fixed issues with clicking on the map
– Fixed some NaN values showing on displayed skills
– Fixed error due to bars trying to access undefined values
– Many other small fixes