In Succubus Stories you play as a peasant girl turned succubus, plotting her revenge against the powerful people who ruined her life and stole her family’s land. She needs to consume a certain bodily fluid to survive, and has to manage her ravenous lust as she gets closer to her goals. The game has a central narrative, but the primary goal of the game is to give players a lot to do and a lot to work toward with an open-ended structure where players can progress at their own pace. Players will need to manage their notoriety and money through prostitution, sex, diplomacy, alchemy, and business.
Developer: Outsider Artisan – Patreon | Website | Discord | Itch.io
Genre: 3DCG, Female Protagonist, Text Based, Anal Sex, Ahegao, Bukkake, Creampie, Drugs, Exhibitionism, Group Sex, Humiliation, Lesbian, Masturbation, Oral Sex, Prostitution, Urination, Vaginal Sex, Fantasy, Management, Sandbox
- [Activities] Fixed issue where NPC options were being presented for the incorrect genders in certain situations.
- [Social] Fixed several bugs with the chit chat feature, including the non-functional bandit camp chit chat activity.
- [Other] Fixed miscellaneous typos and bugs. Made some editorial and content changes to various scenes and events.
- [Story] The rest of chapter 4 has been added to the game! This represents the largest chunk of story content ever added to the game in a single update. However, due to the story’s branching nature, it might not feel like it to play through. Then again, with a bit of exploration and combat thrown in, it may balance out. I hope it feels just right!
- [Requests]Two new requests in this update.
- Visit Rais’s office a few times and the player character may get the idea to play a prank on him…
- After the player character’s relationship with Rais reaches a certain point, he has something he wants to tell her. This request starts Rias’s romance path, and if you choose to accept his feelings, you will not be able to be in any other romances.
- [Activities]This update features a few new activities.
- As part of the new story content, the player character will pair up with Priscilla to explore dangerous areas. These are sort of like dungeon crawls; they feature light puzzle-solving and exploration elements and dangerous enemies who will attack the two succubi. There are a total of three of these zones in the game, though most paths will only be able to explore one. You can only spend a certain amount of time in dangerous areas before being forced to leave, and being defeated in combat will also force you to retreat. You may also choose to leave of your own accord. You can freely re-enter the dangerous zone whenever you want, though, and progression toward your goals carries over, so it shouldn’t be possible to get stuck even if you find these areas hard.
- The dangerous areas mentioned above feature combat, a brand new gameplay system where you support Priscilla while she fights enemies. Priscilla will act of her own accord, but the player will need to manage her HP, MP, and lust by using potions and various actions to keep her in the fight. You can also use potions and perform actions on enemies. Combat isn’t intended to be a major mechanic of the game, more just an interesting gameplay system for players to interact with. If players feel it’s fun, I may expand the system to add more options and content. If it’s not well-loved, I’ll try to make it as fun as I can, but won’t expand it beyond the few story appearances it’s intended to have here, plus a few additional instances in chapter 5. Be warned that combat balance is a work in progress.
- After completing a request, you can help spice up Rais’s workday by hanging out under his desk and stealthily sucking him off while he’s working (and having various meetings). You’ll want to try to balance getting him off with not stressing him out by remaining somewhat quiet when others are present, and going to town on him when you’re alone. You will not need to be in a romance with Rais to participate in this activity.
- If you meet certain requirements, you can feed Priscilla in a number of fun and sexy ways. You will not need to be in a romance with Priscilla to participate in this activity.
- Finally, Rais’s romance has been added in this update. You will only be able to be in one romance at a time, so you can’t romance him if you’re already with Priscilla. You can start his romance anytime after starting chapter 4 and before a certain point in chapter 5 (which is not yet in the game yet). To start his romance, you must be past a certain point in the story, have a decent relationship with the guard faction, complete the request Sneaky Sneaky, have performed the desk activity at least once, and have a high reputation with Rais personally (you can do the desk activity mentioned above for easy rep, if you want). After all these conditions are met, you will receive the request where you can choose to accept or reject Rais’s feelings. Accepting Rais’s feelings and starting his romance will lock you out of all other potential romance options for the rest of the playthrough.
- [Art]Tons of new artwork has been added!
- Rais now has portraits for both art sets!
- New rendered CGs for anal and vaginal sex with Rais have been added.
- A whopping 24 new hand-drawn CGs have been added.
Additions and Enhancements
- [Advancement] Two new special traits can be earned by completing the new requests. These are fairly minor, but I think should at least be useful.
- [Activities]Some activities have been expanded.
- Priscilla’s existing romance has been upgraded and improved to be more in line with Rais’s new romance. These new romance features include improved sex activities, small events, additional dialogue, and more.
- You now have the ability to move in with your lover (which will net you rent-free housing, if you don’t already have it). Note: This feature is only available for Priscilla’s romance as of v0.12.0; it will come to Rais’s romance in a future update.
- Additionally, small updates were made to some existing activities, mostly in adding new content.
- [Encounters] No new actions or encounter types were added in this version, but some new scene components were added alongside some revisions and improvements to existing scene components.
- [Interface] Buying traits is now a much smoother experience, and no longer closes the trait menu to show a confirmation; there is still a confirmation, but you just click on the same trait again to confirm the purchase. I think this is a vast improvement.
- [Requests] Most requests that can no longer be completed due to story progression are now removed from the in-game journal. Unfortunately, there is really no way to warn players when story progress will cancel a request in the current system as I’ve designed it, but there is really only one main story event that cancels most requests right now: Priscilla moving to the bandit camp. This is due to Priscilla’s motivations; most of these canceled quests involve the player helping her do something at the behest of her former mistress, so these quests would make no sense after Priscilla moves. This event happens in chapter 3; if you want to complete all of Priscilla’s content, do so before moving on past the very beginning of chapter 3. Note that at least one request you pick up in the barracks is tied to Priscilla as well, and gates some barracks content too.
- [Other] Players who meet certain conditions may begin to receive strange gifts from a mysterious benefactor…
Balance and Progression Adjustments
- [Alchemy] Minor tweaks to potion prices and recipes.
- [Advancement] The amount of experience required to earn a trait has been reduced by approximately 20%. If you still feel progression for traits is too slow or grindy, there are traits that increase trait XP earned from various activities, so I suggest purchasing these traits as early as you can. They may seem like a waste of traits, but they are actually quite potent, and should pay for themselves relatively quickly.
- [Social]Minor changes here, mostly to make the first two chapters feel a little faster. There’s a lot more story and content to unlock in the game now, and chapter 1 feels like it drags a little bit.
- Reduced requirements for some social skill checks, mostly in the story, like entering Wimbol’s manor for the first time.
- Reduced reputation requirements for certain faction and character unlocks (mostly related to unlocking requests).
Performance and Technical Changes
- [Executable] Some internal improvements have been made to mod support. Most types of modded content will now be flagged internally by the engine to prevent certain types of mods from making the game unstable or messing with game systems outside of modders’ control. For example, modded perks will be ignored by the “recommended activities” system, and modded actions will not appear in the “locked actions” list during encounters.
- [Web] Performance optimizations and other minor improvements. As the game gets bigger, these sorts of tweaks get harder and harder to make. Fortunately, I believe most systems at most download speeds should still have a reasonably good time.
- [Misc] The game console, which was previously only accessible in the patron edition when cheats were enabled, is now always accessible. This change is in order to facilitate modding. Users are encouraged to use the console with care, as it is possible to create bugs and other problems, up to and including soft-locks and even game crashes.